Smart TVs have a lot of offers for their users such as streaming apps, internet access, and many more. However, the fact that they are always connected to the internet puts it at risk.
Smart TVs is a great invention compared to the chunky box sets that we used in the past. With Smart TVs, you can easily connect to their internet, watch your favourite movies on Netflix and Prime, and go as far as downloading apps and games.
Unfortunately, this connectivity of theirs puts them at a great risk for the privacy and security leak.
Does smart TV store passwords?
Yes, Smart TVs store passwords, but there is more to that. Your Smart TV doesn’t only revolve around television programs and internet browsing.
Once a hacker gets hold of your data through your Smart TV, they can cause more harm than you could have expected.
- They can be able to steal your passwords and important data if available.
- They can have access to your documents located in the memory stick inserted into your TV.
- Collect data from your browsing and viewing history.
- Know your whereabouts and be updated on your activities and conversations
- Gain access to computers that are connected to your Smart TV(same internet network).
You can take certain steps to keep your data away from hackers. So you may choose not to save your passwords on your Smart TV. Also, try to change passwords on your apps regularly.
Is there storage in smart TV?
The internal storage of Smart TVs is a neglected part of its specifications.
It is a fact that Smart TVs don’t have as much storage as smart phones and laptops, but you can as well be conversant with its storage capacity. Most times, the storage of Smart TVs are compared to low or middle tier smartphones.
The average space for Smart TVs to install apps is 8.2GB.
Do smart TVs hold and store personal information?
Smart TVs can collect and share personal data about their viewers. So can the third-party apps working with the company.
Smart TVs get hold of your watching content data through a means called automatic content recognition(ACR).
You’ll be unable to stop all the data connections on your Smart TV without disconnecting it from the internet. An easy way is to turn off your ACR.
Do smart TVs store Internet history?
Most Smart TVs collect your data such as browsing history, viewing data, etc, because of the almost unlimited access that it has.
You might ask, what do the TV manufacturers get and what do they gain from this? They get your viewing information, the ads you watch and skip, and they share this with advertisers and marketing companies.
However, you can turn this tracking off from the TV’s settings.
Are there privacy issues with smart TVs?
While you watch your Smart TV, it watches you. Let’s be honest, as more smart features are added to your Smart TV, more privacy risks are also added.
As said earlier, ACR gathers data on what we watch and sell it to advertisers. The fact that Smart TVs are always connected to the internet and can be connected with other smart devices makes it an open risk.
There are different situations where hackers have gotten access to applications and settings found it Smart TV.
Hackers have been able to gain access to online accounts stored or accessed using the Smart TV and built-in videos and cameras.
How do I take the password off my smart TV?
Once you are ready to take off the password from your Smart TV, you will need to reset the TV password to its default password.
There are different methods for different Smart TVs.
Here are the steps for Samsung Smart TV:
- Switch off your Smart TV using your remote control.
- Press Mute>8>2>4>Power on your remote control.
Note: The buttons are to be pressed after the other, not at the same time.
The default password for Samsung Smart TV is 0000.
Here are the steps for LG Smart TVs:
There are three methods for taking off passwords from LG Smart TV, but we’ll be sharing one in this article.
- Select Settings on the remote control.
- Find the Navigate or All Settings on the screen.
- Navigate to Safety, and select OK.
- Under the Safety option, navigate to Reset Password/Reset PIN Code. Do not click on this option yet.
- Press Up twice, Down once, and Up once.
- Once Master Dialogue appears, press 0313 or 0325.
- The safety dialogue automatically opens, and this is where you’re required to key in 0000.
How do I delete browsing history on my smart TV?
On your Samsung Smart TV, follow the steps below:
- Enter the internet browser on your Smart TV.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click on Web Browser Settings.
- Click on General.
- Select the Delete History option.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- A confirmation will be shown on your screen that your history has been deleted.
On your LG Smart TV, follow the steps below:
- Enter the Web Browser app.
- Select Menu, then Settings.
- Select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Select OK for confirmation.
How do I clear data from my smart TV?
- Go to the Home button on your remote control, and press Broadcasting shown on the screen.
- Click on Expert Settings.
- Select HbbTV Settings.
- Select the Delete Browsing Data and follow the steps that will be shown to clear saved data from your Smart TV.
How do I clear app data on my LG Smart TV?
Maintenance is an essential for any device or instrument. The steps that would be given differs according to the device.
Maintenance in the case of smart devices involved clearing caches, resetting and updating, etc.
There might be different steps for different operating devices, but it all arrives at one thing.
Clear data on LG Smart TV of WebOS
WebOS LG Smart TV doesn’t have an option to directly clear app cache. There are two methods, but we’ll be sharing only one in this article.
- Turn off your LG Smart TV, then turn it back on.
- Doing so automatically clears your system memory, closing your recent apps and their stored data.
Another method of clearing app data from your LG Smart TV:
- Go to System Settings on your LG Smart TV home screen.
- Click on Application Manager.
- Select the App that you want to clear data from.
- Go to Storage, and select Clear Cache.
How do I clear app data on my Samsung Smart TV?
Clearing app data on a Smart TV is similar to the same process carried out on mobile gadgets. Repeat the process for every app installed on your Smart TV.
Follow the steps below to clear app data on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Select the Home button on the Samsung Smart TV remote control.
- Go to Settings and select Apps.
- Navigate to System Apps and select the app you want to clear data from.
- Select Clear Cache, and OK to confirm this.
The app’s cache will be automatically removed. However, if you haven’t done this in a long while, it will take some time.
How do I clear app data on my Vizio Smart TV?
You should try to delete the cache on your streaming apps on your Vizio Smart TV to make it work faster.
Follow the steps below:
- Select the Home button on your Vizio SmartCast TV remote control.
- Select Settings > Apps > System Apps.
- Select the app that you want to delete data and cache from.
- Click on Clear Cache, and confirm by selecting OK.
How do I clear app data on my Sharp Smart TV?
Sharp Smart TV works like other Android Smart TVs. You just have to follow a few steps to successfully clear app data.
- Go to the Home Screen of your Sharp Smart TV.
- Select the All Apps option.
- Select Settings under All Apps.
- Click on Apps > All Tab to view all the applications.
- Select the app that you want to clear data from.
- Select Clear Cache and do the same for other apps.
Note that you cannot use the same process for a Sharp Roku Smart TV as it does not work like a typical Android Smart TV.
How do I clear app data on my Sony Smart TV?
You can clear cache and data on your apps when you notice that they don’t work properly.
Follow the steps below:
- Press the Home button on your Sony TV remote control.
- Go to Apps > See All Apps > Show System Apps > Select Apps.
- Select the affected app under System Apps.
- Select Clear Cache, and confirm by selecting OK.
- If issue still persists, move forward to the next step.
- Select Clear Data > Clear All Data, and confirm by pressing OK.
How do I clear app data on my Hisense Smart TV?
It is necessary to clear app cache once the app stops responding or starts malfunctioning.
Follow the steps below:
- Select Home Button on your remote control.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Navigate to Apps section, and press OK.
- Select the app to clear data.
- Confirm by pressing OK to clear app cache and data.